Quibids.com charged $60 to register for free

When I went to QUIBIDS.com I was offered the chance to try their site for FREE.DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!!!

upon recieving my credit card bill was a charge for $60.00??? I e-mailed Quibids and was told that when I registered to the site I was sent to another site which explained I would be charged for $60.00 Bid Package! I sent another e-mail requesting the site and paragraph that indeed quoted these terms to set my mind at rest that, again I was fooled into not reading the small print. GUESS WHAT?

no reply! Companies that use these types of tactics should be outlawed. Be honest, and let your clientell decide for themselves wheather or not to spend the nmoney to try out your product or not. Don't hide them in other context so as to FOOL people into the fee.

I am very disappointed in the site and have not gone back to them. In all honesty, they have lost a lot more than they gained.

Take my advice and avoid this site and their disreputable proceedures!!!There are plenty of other penny bid sites.

review #234382
27 28 Helpful?
Had the same issue20 Comments35
Had an experience with Quibids?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 18 #985860

To get your $60 back, you need to log in to your account and go to the "Online Chat" link. Just take the High Road and type in one sentence: "Please refund my unused bids back to my credit card, thank you".
They immediately posted a canned reply (3 paragraphs) stating that my account was being closed and they were refunding my $60. Within 20 seconds, two emails arrived notifying me of both transactions.
The online chat guys probably get hammered with that same request all day long, so they've got the canned reply ready to go.
Yes, the company is based upon a scam ... and I was just as tempted to lash out at them as you are ... but don't do it or the Chat lady will make you miserable with delays, blaming you, accusations, etc. You know the drill.

May 21 #987004

Thanks for the tip. This worked for me too. The $60 refund back to my credit card showed up the next day. The company truly is built upon a scam! I've never seen any other kind of service that charges you $60 without first displaying the total purchase amount on a payment screen, where you then can choose to click on "Purchase" or "Cancel". These scammers found a way around that ethical approach so that they could ensnare tens of thousands of unsuspecting people. That is such a disgusting, devious business practice. Pathetic Thieves.

Melinie

Feb 11 #944437 Citrus Heights, California

So what do I do now that I've been charged $60? Any suggestions out there? I would really appreciate it. A news anchor on our local TV raved about qbids. Maybe she should should reimburse me since i went on her word.

0 0 Reply
a forever lost one time potent

Jan 03 #925241 Surrey, British Columbia

nothing on Quibids registry page tells you you're buying a $60.00 dollar bid pack. it's only after you've registered that it transfers you telling you that you've purchased the bidpack already. by then it's too late and the money has already been stolen from your account, often before completing your registers.

Lost money

Dec 05, 2014 #911226 Sherman, Texas

I have the same issue but my card they charge to as been missing for a day and a half I asked for a refund but who knows I didn't even know I was a member until I got a confirmation number about 1030 tonight and didn't even know I join I had joined ain't that something

dcasper1

Nov 22, 2014 #904643 Benton, Kentucky

I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney General's Office. When I contacted them, they would not even give me their address and stated they have never had anyone complain before.

Tatito

Oct 17, 2014 #885935

" Click here to try Quibids for free " they said
" Click here to register " they said
" Congrats you now have 45 Real bids available " they said "Great! free bids as a welcome" I thought
So few hours later, want to pre-order a game online so I check my Bank online, Quibids Mini bid pack $27.
What ? They charged me for the 45 bids ? I never agreed to anything like that !! Never went to the Quibids store or anything like that I just entered my email and credit card info and clicked the submit/register button. Usually you enter your payment info and they don't charge you anything until you actually BUY something, like in Amazon.
Good news is "Real Bids" are refundable, but still they shouldn't do that. Just a waste of time.

michael

Nov 22, 2013 #746404

Qui bids seems to be a site that says you can get 100 free bids. I am not the only one that thought I signed up for free and got 100 bids. So I get my credit card statement and I was charged 60 bucks, which I disputed right away cause of the misinformation etc. If I was the only person that had this happen I would take my lumps and deal with it, but obviously I am not, it has happen to all of you or a lot of you, they are using weird strategies to try and charge us all for signing up which I was sure was for free, so misleading at the minimum. I think in a bit the attorney general of Kentucky will look into this site and find the fallacies and misrepresentations. On all my years I never encountered a site such as this, that actually tries to steal money from people and then threaten them if they do not pay, well I will not pay for something I never agreed to.... If you hid something and think I agreed to I did not if you well you are doing it on purpose because I read daily about others that feel cheated. Do your thing and I am wishing a class action lawsuit will be filed against you in the minimum and the attorney general of your state wakes up, and deals with you accordingly. If you want to send me to collections go ahead I have a hundreds of stories I can send to the judge, so go ahead, you obviously cheated many people and I am sorry if they actually paid you, you quibids are in my opinion a cheater company that actually tries to profit off others to make a... Show more

Tony

Nov 17, 2013 #743758

You can ask for a refund on unused bids to get your 60 dollars back. I registered and it very clearly states that the starting bid package costs 60 dollars

0 2 Reply
JamesG

Jan 05, 2013 #589822 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Im not sure if anyone else has stated this, but quibids charges you $60 to start you off with 100 bids. They cost 60 cents per bid and you have to buy 100 upfront to register. It tells you on the page that you put your credit card info into. It is a good site but you have to put the money upfront in order to participate. They are one of those "pay to play", so to speak, websites. I havent registered for this exact reason. I should be able to buy 10, 20 or 30 bids when I register. Not be limited to the $60 start up charge.

Dec 16, 2012 #582599

I am no sure if I should sign up for QuiBids.com or not. I wanna because the bids are cheap but i dont want to if they charge me to make an account.. :?

0 1 Reply
john

Dec 12, 2012 #581380

:upset :) :) :grin :grin :grin ;) :zzz :zzz :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry ... Show more

Fckqbds

Dec 09, 2012 #579927 San Antonio, Texas

I really wish i wouldve read this reviews before i entered that *** site. I was bored during class and got on the computer. 100 free bids!, why not right?! My ***! Now I'm out $60 and I completely wasted all of my bids (thinking they were free) screw this kind of business that Profit from false advertising and unethical practices.

Burn quibids

Feb 08, 2013 #605850

uh ........................ :upset :x

Terrance

Nov 12, 2012 #568131

I too signed up on the basis that i was entitled to receive my free bids as advertised in a commercial ad. I contacted Live Help after several attempts to find a direct link as to how to activate my supposed free trial as it Clearly States on the Commercial, Laura (live Chat) than told me i would have to purchase a beginner bid pack in order to receive the free bids...And i simply stated how is this the same as the commercial? how am i suppose to try something when i immediately have to buy it????? She than said i will forward ( Pass along your feedback) hu??? Feedback i was asking a questions and now it has become feedback.

Please be aware of what you may be getting yourself into and YES i did read everything and if you can find me a link to where it says in order to receive the free bids i would need to purchase a pack i would greatly appreciate it.

Ash

Aug 14, 2012 #528630

If you didn't realize you are being charged for bids you just need to contact support and ask for a refund. You'll be refunded on all unused bids.

jazmine

Jul 23, 2012 #517473

i'm glad i saw this . i was about to register until i saw so many bad comments .

Jackie B

Jul 12, 2012 #511337

Thank you for taking time to warn the rest of us about the Qui Bids scam!

Why do they need my credit card if I'm simply looking at items? That's BS!

No one gets my credit card unless I'm buying something. I'll stick with Ebay, if you pay $60 to have the right to bid, that's no deal in the long run.

The BBB should be ashamed for putting their logo on Qui Bids site!

JimmyGui

Jun 20, 2012 #499321

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x ... Show more

Tanya

Jun 14, 2012 #496276

I've never even used Quibids before, I am just researching and looking into it right now before I decide if I should or not. The $63 isn't a scam. It says right on the sign up that you get THREE free bids and a starter pack of 100 bids for $60. Only 3 are free, not the 100. People should actually read and research before making online purchases.

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.